Friday, January 2, 2009

Guy Food! Dolphins AFC East Champs!








New Year...New Look!
I hope you like my new blog colors...I'm still trying to figure out how to use this medium. I've always been one those people that has a very short fuse when it comes to figuring out anything that has to do with the computer. If I can't figure things out, I start fantasizing about putting the laptop on the driveway and running it over with the car! (I'm alot like my Dad that way!) So... what I do is walk away from it till I'm ready to figure it out or till I'm ready to call for help. Thank goodness my daughter is not only beautiful, but a computer geek too! (She's gonna kill me!)
We are so excited about the Miami Dolphins especially after last season's 1-15 horror!
I've got a great football munchies for this weekend...Wings and Sausages... Don't Panic...we're talkin' baked!
Wing Planks and Drumettes (OK, you know we're talkin' chicken right?)
For those of you that are not familiar with this delicacy, there is a difference between a Whole Wing vs a Plank, & Drumette vs a Drumstick.
The Drumette is a section of the wing. A Drumstick is the leg and is much larger. For this dish we want the Drumette.
Now, Drumettes & Planks are not sold in my market all the time, so I buy the full Wing and cut off the wing tip (discard this), then cut off the Drumette and you will have the 2 pcs you want, the Plank & the Drumette.
This is all very easy and you may get lucky and find them already done or ask your butcher to do it for you. This is also a very inexpensive dish. You can apply the same method from this recipe and use BBQ Sauce too.
Let's use the amount of 20 Planks and 20 Drumettes divide them into 2 mixed bunches for the 2 marinades. You will also need Cooking Spray.
Teryiaki Marinade
Both Marinades can marinate all day!
(All of the Asian products mentioned are in the regular supermarket in the ethnic food aisle)
1 Tbls Fresh Grated Ginger or Dry
1/3 Cup Soy sauce
1 Tbls Garlic powder
1/4 Cup Teryiaki sauce
2 Tbls Honey
2 Tbls Oyster sauce
Put all ingredients in large Zip Lock bag & mush (highly techincal culinary term) it all around to combine then add the chicken and mush more to coat.
Hot Sauce Marinade
1/2 Cup your favorite hot wing sauce, I use Frank's Hot Wing Sauce
Put hot sauce in the bag add chicken mush to coat.
When you are ready to bake preheat your oven to 400
Remove chicken from bag with tongs (you want the least amount of liquid possible)
Use a different foil lined baking tray for each flavor. Spray with Cooking Spray.
Bake them till very crispy and brown...about 25 -35 minutes depending on your oven.
I serve them with Blue Cheese dressing and Celery Stalks just like the local wing place.
The Baked Sausage
Use your favorite Sausage...Turkey, Beef, Pork, Sweet, Mild, or, Hot (They usually come 5-6 per package)
Preheat oven to 400
Spray a foil lined baking sheet
Liberally drizzle Sausages with Olive Oil
Rub 1 Tbls of pre-minced Garlic with the oil all over the Sausages
Turn about half way through cooking
Bake 20 minutes or till golden and crispy.
GO FINS!



No comments: