Monday, April 27, 2009

Mom, The Life of the Party!


My Dear Readers,
A lot of you knew my wonderful Mom...Joan.
For those of you that did not know her, she was the kindest, sweetest, most loving woman in the world!
She passed away last week after a valiant battle with Ovarian Cancer.
There is a huge hole in my heart, that of my family's, and everyone she came in contact with...
Mom was my source of inspiration in so many things and she inspired me to start my blog.
Mom was the secret keeper, the advise giver, & the peacemaker.
She had a smile, and kindness for everyone she met, whether she knew you or not.
No one could give a party, party at a party, be the last one to leave a party, like Mom.
When going to any kind of affair she would always hook up with the DJ or band leader, have them play "G-d Bless America" and "New York-New York"....she would get everyone in a big circle and have everyone sing along...
Mom loved to be in her bathing suit, on a lounge chair holding court!
She loved to have cocktail hour...her parties were legendary.
Don't let this party talk fool you...she was an amazing Wife, Mother, Grandmama, & Aunt.
She was very serious about loving the people in her life!
I know she is with my Dad and they are dancing somewhere...watching over us!
Mom, I can only hope to live up to your example...I dedicate this blog to you, my sweet Mother!
Gabby

No comments: