Friday, July 24, 2009

Sweet & Salty...another summer bite

Little Apricot Wrap

I know it's been 10 days since my last post...Things are slow in the summer...I have been cleaning out closets and organizing my home office. How do we collect so much paper? I thought computers and the digital age were going to solve the paper problem. I don't know how I collect so much stuff...I am good though...I try to stay on top of it and I edit every couple of months. This time I did a major cleaning out!
Gidget watched me do it all...the summer is so hard for her...the summer storms freak her out! She won't leave my side! Poor little doggie. Anyway let us talk about a delicious treat...Little Apricot wraps!
Preheat oven to 375
Spray a foil lined baking sheet
1 6oz package of Dried Apricots
1/2 of 8oz wheel Camembert Cheese trimmed of rind & cut into small pieces
Brown Sugar for sprinkling
1/4 LB Prosciutto Piccolo (or any brand you prefer)slice paper thin with paper, cutting each lengthwise into 2 pieces
Slice Apricot almost in half...not all the way through.
Stick a piece of Cheese into the Apricot & sprinkle the top with some Brown sugar.
Wrap the Apricot tightly with the long piece of the Prosciutto
Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the Prosciutto looks crispy and the Cheese is melting.
Yummy!

No comments: