Thursday, February 12, 2009

Secret Candy Stash! Cute!

Alexis and her friend Jackie came home from college and hit Mommy's special candy spot!
We have a beautiful antique punchbowl handed down from my parents...it is quite large and really beautiful, but it just sits on the bar empty, so I started a tradition and began filling it with leftover Halloween candy. It was a hit with Mikee, & when Alexis saw it she went crazy! Now I keep it filled all year round...I think Mom & my little sister enjoy sneakin' in there too!
I was inspired to do this by my Nana Pearl...she used to keep a cigar box in her kitchen filled with nick-naks for me to play with, whether it was some thread, tape, buttons,a yo-yo, crayons, or even a candy, I always rushed to that box as soon as I got to her house! Things were so much simpler back in the day...that box provided hours of fun, and she always added something new.
So my wish is that everybody gets a special box where family and friends know that when they come over to your house there is a special treat waiting for them...don't forget to keep it full!
(It doesn't have to be candy, the little ones will enjoy nick-nacks too!)
Have Fun, you are never too old!

No comments: