Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lazy Father's Day...

One Happy Dad & Baby!


Lazy Dog
Hi everyone! Father's Day was a lazy day for us! I made brunch for my little family and they loved it! We got up and opened presents...You, my dear readers will reap the benefits due to the new Rib Rack I got Mikee. He will be doing ribs soon and I will blog the experience.
Next, I made eggs, bacon, and hash browns. No special recipes for these...just straight up classic.
Eggs Scrambled- Just eggs in a sprayed pan...I salt and pepper them in the pan, I add cheese in the pan if someone wants.
Bacon- microwaved! Put 5 slices on a paper plate with 2 paper towels and 1 towel on top...wave for 4 minutes! Fabu, comes out crisp and drained of fat. Mikee gets the Microwave Bacon credit!
Hash Browns- I use pre-shredded hash browns in a bag, (you can find them in the egg section of the market), Crystal Farms "Simply Potatoes", 20oz bag. These are great because they are already drained...this makes cooking faster. I put them in a hot saute pan with salt and pepper...
then I sprinkle about 4 Tbls of Olive oil over them and toss till they are browned and crispy.
I also served cinnamon raisin toast.
A good time was had by all!



No comments: